What kind of things are you planning to do these days at home?
Staying at home and not get too much contact with other people is a normal routine for me as a painter.
Before the corona virus, I would push myself out to the city at least once a week to meet some friends or go to a Museum. But now that those to options are not possible, I had to switch to a more online routine: Visiting museums online, skype-ing with friends, organising some meet ups on Patreon.
What I would recommend to those that are not used to a working-from-home-routine is:
- Try to create a list of things you want to accomplish during the week.
- Organise your list on a schedule day by day, dividing your mornings and evenings depending if you are more active in certain hours.
- I would do the most difficult or important things in the beginning, so that everything urgent would be taken care of in time and I could work more relaxed during the day.
- Take small breaks every 2 hours, after lunch or after 5:00 to make some exercise or stretching.
- Mark checks in your list at the end of the day, to see what you have accomplished and what needs to be done the next days.
As for inspiration:
- I will try to complete some sketchbooks these days, making a list of things I want to draw and drawing every day is I can.
- I want to keep it up with my Dutch, so I will try to practice a few hours in the mornings every day.
- I am working on some videos about paintings I want to share with you! You can also watch some other videos I have made on my youtube channel ▶️ and find some inspiration there.